Saturday, January 10, 2004

The sweet sounds of Six Organs of Admittance: "Tribute to Octavio Paz" plays in the background in the lounge of our sub-luxury sub-tundra appartment.....All is cool (in every sense of the words). The essay/thesis/excercise in analytical argument is finished (17 000 word on 42 facing pages) and is being reviewed over this weekend by my supervisors. I hope there won't be too many problems...............This entry is to notify the two or three readers I know I have (whom can speak to me most days of the week and hear about it anyway) that there is to be a concert/mini festival in this ol' town and Im playing/performing at it..........the exciting thing are the other bands Im playing with:
Black Forest/BlackSea. check them out......interesting landscapes created from impressionistic guitar and the slow melencholic warp of cello drone from somewhere called Provedence USA----------and then there was The Spacious Mind..........Im numb with it....I've been living in the north of Sweden for almost 4 years now and Ive waited that long to bear witness to the Mind play live and then it comes to pass that I am also humbly offering up my own innarticulate fumblings in the same space at the same time..........It shall also come to pass that The Magick Lantern and ProtestKillen will play among clowns and jugglers, chai sellers and fortune tellers......poets, mumblers, freaks and mummers (look it up)...........At Lille Teatern (FFUM) Järnvägsallén 20 Umeå Saturday 24 january 2004 kl18:00 to kl02:00
Tickest at Burmans Music, Garageland Records ( a great shop for all you listening needs)........I shall be using this night to have a launch of my long playing CD recording "NaDa" a party record that will have you boogying all night long in the words of the great John Lee Hooker.........It promises to be an excursion into the wilder side of aural life........Trance Drone Digeridoo..............................Let The Games Begin!!!!

No comments: