Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Reading Theramins and Goodbye Scholarship

The last few days have been rather hectic but really stimulating. I have finished the chapter on the reader and digital texts (said it before but I know there will be rewriting in the future so I'm enjoying the false sense of completing something just for now). I have also been spending some time talking with Sachiko Hayashi (name dropping??) who gave a seminar in HUMlab yesterday (I feature as the introduction speaker...5 seconds of fame). Topics of conversation have included interactive media, network cultures, grassroots media, serial killers, torture, Japanese noise music, art (and more art), wikis, and theramins. Her seminar is streamed HERE but there are a massive amount of interesting streamed seminars on the HUMlab blog....quite a library building up there.
Now I wait for the seminar on 31 May at 15.15-17.00 in the English library (E216)to see what has to be done to my chapter. Hopefully it won't be too painful. In the meantime I have to apply for an appointed position with the Department of Modern Languages for my doctoral post as my scholarship is about to finish. Two years already!!

No comments: