Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe (unless you are a picture)

I am not sure but I think I have had a revelation. Not a divine one. Rather about how to write my thesis. The paragraph is where its at. I need to make clear paragraphs (subject sentence and so on) and if i get enough of them I will have a page and then two and god knows where it will end. Once I get a bunch of pages with paragraphs on them I will move them around until they make sense. This bit could require another revelation.
Anyone who does not already know about it (from 2001), Semiotics for Beginners by Daniel Chandler is entirely online and really is a great introduction to the subject. Lots of stuff on visuality, address, methodology and rhetoric. Lovely.

2 comments:

genevieve said...

That book is quite a find. Thank you very much for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Your welcome