Friday, June 08, 2007

We R Gone........

Tomorrow we leave for Australia. Blogging will be sparse but will happen. I hope the summer for the northern readers of this blog is joyful and the winter for the southerners is richly reflective. Hera are some shots from 2004 of where I will be living for the next month, Toowoomba (the town where I was born):



This is actually near Meringandan, where I lived from the age of 12-18.


The currawong or magpie was the terror of my childhood as they attack you if you get to close to their nests in the breeding season. Walking to school I often met with them and ran.


This is Gowrie Mountain on the horizon. There are a number of extinct volcanoes around Toowoomba.


Actually Toowoomba is built in the crater of an ancient extinct volcano.

No comments: