Friday, August 24, 2007

Ålidhem Festival

Tomorrow Saturday 26th August and Sunday 27th the area in which I live here in Umeå is holding a culture festival. From midday Saturday the Ålidhem Festival will showcase the many different traditions that live in the suburb of Ålidhem with music, dance, food, stalls and seminars. I will be giving a 30 minute talk in the Ålidhem Library (in the Ålidhem School) at 14:30 (2:30pm) on "Australia Land and People". I'll show some film sequences of contemporary Aboriginal culture, talk about the situation how I see it at the moment for Australia in terms of land, environment and indigenous cultures and play a little didgeridoo. In the evening at 20:30 (8:30) I will be playing a half hour set of sampled sounds, effects, percussion and digeridoo at the Krogen Krogen night club under Ålidhem Central Shopping Center. The overall music program at Krogen Krogen starts at 19:00 and goes until late.

No comments: