Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008


A year in Forty Seconds (in case you don't have time)

As my RSS is currently being flooded with blog posts summarizing and assessing the past twelve months I thought to add my recollections to the mass. But I won't. It has been a good year, but hardly better or worse than the others. I detected the faint taste of vanilla in March, but it passed. June saw me in Paris, but I hope my wife does not ever find out. Late in the year I resumed drinking tea. This continues. Soon I shall be a year older, as I hope many other people will be also. While years are fine things too many can be bad for the health. I hope to retire from years sometime late in the Fall, of a distant year as yet undiscovered. Wrapping myself up I bid you all goodnight and best wishes for the coming session.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Ben

James Barrett said...

And to you Ben, Happy New Year. I hope 2009 brings much to you.